Lies, Lies, Lies…
February 11, 2009 Leave a comment
Once again major league baseball players (right now it’s Miguel Tejada) are paraded through Congressional committees and being charged with lying to said committees. It seems many players in America’s pastime are now, or have been, using steroids to enhance their on-field performance. That Congress is charging them with lying is totally specious.
Some of these players are going to spend jail time for the same thing that politicians do to the American public aaallll the time and never get charged with. From the president on down to the lowly freshman congressman the politicians lie, lie, and lie, in a never ending stream of bull-crap and misdirection.
* We don’t torture prisoners.
* They have weapons of mass destruction.
* They are training terrorists.
* My opponent is a child predator.
* I am defending the constitution, not destroying it.
* We don’t wiretap ordinary Americans.
* I did not take bribes.
* I did not try to sell that Senate seat.
* Even though we are giving no-bid contracts to my former employer there’s nothing going on.
* Even though we deregulated the oil industry it’s not our fault that our oil buddies and former employers are enjoying record profits and gas prices are higher than they’ve ever been.
* Just because we deregulated the financial industry doesn’t mean it’s our fault they screwed you out of your retirement funds and lost trillions of dollars…which you and your descendants will have to replace to the industry with your taxes for the next 200 years.
The paragraph below from The Huffington Post, in a story by Geoffrey Stone, about political lies says volumes about our leaders and their scheming to mislead the people. HERE
“An essential element of this strategy is that the perpetrators of the lie will insist, no matter what, that the lie is true. Confronted with the facts, the perpetrators will reiterate the falsehood. The key to this strategy is the willingness to lie, and to lie repeatedly.”
I think it should be against the law for a government official to accuse or charge any American citizen of lying.